Cartel Photos works on a local, national and international stage. We deliver everything from breaking local news stories to serious editorial reportage on considered and diverse issues, as well as public relations, sport and events. Our experienced team is on hand to work with clients to provide a custom service designed to meet their specific needs.
The Cartel Photos archive contains an ever-expanding collection of diverse photographs and personal projects intimately documenting the local community, the landscape in and around Cornwall and international stories.
Cartel Photos. Local agency. International stage.
How to submit photographs to Cartel Photos
If you are a current or former student at Falmouth University and would like to contribute material to Cartel Photos, please contact us at: email@example.com
File size, format and filenames:
- Please send the maximum file size from the camera, JPG, compressed at Photoshop level 8 or 9.
- Color mode: RGB
- If you send a scanned image, the files need to be around 40-60MB for 35mm and 60-80 MB for medium format.
- File name: please use safe characters such as: a-z 0-9 (underscore) Do not use punctuation or other symbols.
For editorial submissions:
- Date created: the date the photograph was taken. This should be set on your camera, make sure it is set on the right date and time zone. Example: 28 Oct 2014 or 28.10.2014
- Headline: Event or story title , location, date. Example: Lloyds Bank announces job losses and branch closures, London, Britain - 28 Oct 2014
- Description/ Caption: A caption for each individual image. This can include the name of person photographed and details of what is happening in that particular photograph. Example: Exterior cash machines of Lloyds Bank in Islington28 Oct 2014
- Special instructions field: to fill in should the work have already been published or if you need to notify us of anything else. Example: for editorial use only.
- Keywords: need to be relevant to the photograph as it was taken, but also can be used for when the photo moves to stock. Following the Lloyds Bank example: bank, cash point, businessman, pin number, security,
- Contact details & copyright
For stock submissions:
- Date created: the date the photograph was taken.
- Headline: Broad group description of the images submitted. Do not put information specific to each particular image.
- Description/ Caption: Description of the image and what it contains. If the image has a model release, this should be stated here. ‘Portrait of family at breakfast table, smiling – model released’.
- Keywords: these need to be relevant to the photograph.
- Contact details & copyright.